Located in the cultural core of downtown Seattle directly next to the ever-popular Pike Place Market, only 103 steps from the waterfront and with gorgeous views of the Seattle Great Wheel, Elliott Bay and Olympic Mountains, sits the Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, which just landed the coveted number one spot as my favorite Four Seasons in all of North America.
Yes, it’s that awesome. Or maybe it’s because it claims the best real estate in The Emerald City, so it’s hard not to love.
Open since 2008, the luxury hotel, which takes up the first ten floors (residences occupy floors 11-21), has more amenities than you can dream of. Things like complimentary espresso coffee and fruit in the lobby, free Wi-Fi, an outdoor terrace with a heated infinity-edged pool (which happens to be the only one in Seattle) overlooking the gorgeous view, and much more.
No matter which of the 147 rooms you stay in for your next girls’ getaway, you’ll be pleased as each and every room has a deep-soaking tub perfect for watching a movie (or sports!) from the TV displaying in the vanity mirror. Add some bubbly and you have either the perfect romantic evening with your plus one or a night of relaxing all to yourself. If you’re one to watch SportsCenter or the morning news while getting ready, the TV in the mirror is like a two-birds with one stone kind of invention and very time saving.
Weather permitting, something that is always tricky in Seattle, you can hang out or dine outdoors in the club-like cabanas at Bar 84, named after the pool temperature where you can enjoy al fresco dining and signature cocktails next to the blazing fire pit.
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of visiting one of the spas at Four Seasons, you know it’s a whole other world from other hotels, offering nothing but the best services, amenities and staff. The best part about the spa at Four Seasons Seattle? EVERY guest can enjoy all spa amenities like the steam room, sauna, and the quiet and relaxing waiting room without booking a service, which is a rarity in the hotel industry.
The spa also offers direct access from your guest room, making it easy and comfortable to slip out of your room in your provided plush bathrobe and head straight to the spa without ever having to step foot in or near the lobby. Because that’s always awkward, trust me. So if you get a treatment, you can throw your robe back on and head back to your room in privacy without the need to change directly back into “regular” clothes. It keeps the zen-like feeling a little bit longer.
A few above and beyond amenities from Four Seasons Hotel Seattle:
– In case you forget your swimsuit, the hotel offers a complimentary one so guests don’t have to miss out on the heated pool or hot tub. Same goes for fitness gear.
– Gorgeous state-of-the-art fitness center, open 24 hours, so it can accommodate even the busiest and weirdest schedules you might have while traveling.
– All-you-can-eat cheese and antipasto table from 5-7p in the lobby ($14) and again from 9-11p for a late night happy hour ($7). Add a tasty cocktail or glass of bubbly and take in the scene from all the tourists and locals hanging around after a long day.
– PET FRIENDLY!
– Ask the front desk for a self-guided art brochure so you can learn about the artwork from Pacific Northwest School. Many pieces are displayed throughout the property, and the hotel is located directly across the street from Seattle Art Museum. In a city so full of culture, be sure to experience as much as you can!
– Walking distance from Century Link Field (for all you sport’s fans!).
– Snack Bike (decorated emerald green with yellow wheels – the hotel’s personal nod to the late Seattle Sonics), which wheels itself all around the property selling delicious food, snacks and drinks (yes, champagne!) from ART Restaurant. It’s like a delicious food truck, except it’s a bike.
Pro tip – if you’re traveling to Seattle over the holidays, be sure to check out this fun package the Four Seasons Seattle is offering aptly titled the Shopper’s Holiday Package. Not only does the package include overnight accommodations at the luxury hotel, it also includes a $200 Nordstrom gift card, two holiday beverages in ART Lounge and a $50 spa credit toward a much needed massage or facial.
For more Seattle Holiday goodness, see our article in more detail and have fun on your next girlfriend getaway!
Jayme Lamm is a freelance writer and marketing consultant based in Houston focusing on travel writing and is in a full-court press writing her hugely opinionated sports column, The Blonde Side. Be sure to follow Jayme’s travel and sports adventures on Twitter @jaymelamm.