Spring has sprung and sex is in the air, or at least the buzz about new “Sex & The City 2” movie, which is set for release on May 28, 2010. If you’re planning to go big, and celebrate in style with some of your gal pals in the city that inspired our Carrie worship, here’s the latest information and my take on some of the SATC2 packages available in New York City:
Available from May 1, 2010 to September 8, 2010
Celebrate “Sex and the City” in the Big Apple sans Mr. Big’s bank account with nightly rates from $159, a savings of about 50%! If the spoilers are any indication, it seems the “Sex and the City” ladies will be feeling the economic downturn’s pinch in this spring’s highly anticipated sequel. While the days of $500 shoes and $20 cosmos might be long gone, fashionistas can still enjoy a Carrie or Samantha-worthy NYC weekend without breaking the bank.
The package includes:
- Stylish accommodations at The GEM Hotels in Chelsea, Midtown West and SoHo, familiar locations for SATC lovers. Complimentary amenities include premium bottled water, high-speed Internet access and Wolfgang Puck coffee.
- A guide to NYC sample sales and designer discount stores near The GEM Hotels. Who says you have to pay retail to look fabulous?
- Two make-your-own cocktail kits. Savvy girls know that it’s best to avoid pricey drinks unless your very own Big is buying. GEM will provide the ingredients to mix a Very Cherre™ Pomegranate Cosmo before heading out for a night on the town. The kit includes a mini vodka bottle and Very Cherre premium tart cherry juice.
- Dean Jacobs Cupcake Mix to make like Charlotte in the movie and bake your own sugary confections. Waiting in an around-the-block line for a $3 treat is not very chic, so take a much less expensive taste of NYC home with you instead.
*Rate is based on availability and does not include tax or service. Holiday blackout dates apply. Package inclusions provided upon check-in.
Available from May 27 through September 6, 2010 (bookable May 1)
Fans can spend a day exploring the Big Apple & relaxing with manicures, pedicures & specialty drinks with a hefty savings of over 30% on this deal.
- Accommodations in Midtown Manhattan, the perfect starting point to venture uptown, downtown, and everywhere in-between
- Manicures and pedicures for two at the hotel’s spa, so ladies can look their best for a night out on the town
- Two drinks at the hotel’s stylish Bar 10, where divas can try specialty drinks inspired by the movie including:
Carrie’s White Cosmopolitan: A twist on the classic cosmo for those who believe in fairy tale endings
Absolute Smith: Based on Smith Jerrod’s memorable Absolut ad
Tartini: The perfect combination of the famed Cosmo and Flirtini
Simply “Mr. Big”: Single malt scotch on the rocks for boyfriends and husbands who get dragged to the movie
Girlfriends can enjoy the movie sequel in the 13-theater Regal E-Walk Stadium, which is conveniently interconnected to the hotel, and makes for the perfect short-distance walk (especially if you are sporting four-inch pumps like Carrie and crew).** The hotel concierge can provide guests with a list of some hotspots from the famous series and the first movie, such as Carrie’s apartment stoop, the church where Samantha meets “The Friar” and the store where Aidan designs furniture. Tickets for the “Sex and the City” tour can also be arranged.
*Rates are based on availability and do not include tax and service.
**Tickets are not included.
Available from May 28 to September 6, 2010
This package is a pretty good deal but the only thing on it that really interests me is the tour, and of course, the champagne:
- Split of bubbly to toast with the girls
- Sex & the City Hotspots Tour for two hosted by On Location Tours
- Canvas stiletto shoe bag
- Sex & the City book
- 20% online discount on Cosabella’s Sex and the City line of sexy lingerie
Available from May 1 to June 30, 2010
I wish Hotel Giraffe put a little more thought into their SATC package, this lackluster offering really doesn’t inspire me to book the deal, I would probably save my $ and book a room.
The package includes:
- Chilled Bottle of Moet & Chandon Rose champagne
- Sex and the City DVD
- SATC Trivia Game
- American Express gift card to enjoy at Sushi Samba or ll Cantinori (100 dollar value)
- Latest edition of Vogue Magazine
- “Lovely” perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker
Available from April 30 to September 6, 2010
One of New York’s ‘hippest’ hotels is offering SATC fans swank accommodations and access to one of the hottest rooftops in the city. Funny, I thought that all rooftops in NYC were equally hot in the summer… But kidding aside, this is a pretty good deal, there’s some decent stuff included in this package:
- Pool Access and 2 complimentary poolside Cosmopolitans
- Shopping Discounts at some of the top boutiques in the Meatpacking District
- Two VIP passes to a chance of one of the following nightclubs: Provocateur, PM, Cielo, Dirty Disco, Guest House, Marquee, or Pink Elephant
- Sex and the City book and DVD
Book your calendars for May 28th and check out this offer from On Location Tours in New York City:
You and the girls can enjoy a “sex”-filled day to celebrate the release of SATC2, the sequel to Sex and the City: The Movie. This special opening day package includes the Sex and the City Hotspots Tour, dinner, a ticket to SATC2, and admission to a nightclub. The nine-hour+ day will be led by actresses and stand-up comediennes who share inside industry information and will allow fans to follow in the footsteps of Carrie and Company.
I’ve never tried these tours but this package looks like a lot of fun. If you end up going on this tour or have gone on a previous one be sure to tell us all about it in the comments section below!
Just to whet your appetite a wee bit I’ve included the latest trailers for the SACT2 movie below, enjoy!